De Szendeffy (2005: chapter 3) suggests the following 10 tips or guidelines for implementing CALL activities:
1. Focus on activities, not software titles.
2. Wade in slowly.
Most teachers are familiar with word processing, e-mail or web browsing.
Lab class should provide human instruction time and contact with each student.
4. Appreciate the richness of the computing environment.
5. Prepare and be patient.
6. Don’t let technology drive your class.
7. Invest time in training and orientation.
8. Pace activities.
9. Be a resource guide.
10. Orchestrate communicative activities.